Last Updated — October 30th 2009
What Personal Information Does AdMob Collect?
AdMob collects the following types of information from its Site:
A) Information That You Provide to Us.
We receive and store personal information you choose to enter on our Site, or provide us in any other way, such as by telephone or by electronic mail. For example, when you register for our services, we collect personal information about you. This information may include your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, and credit card number. We may combine the information that you submit on our Site with information about you that we receive from other online and offline sources in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the overall quality of AdMob’s services. In addition, if you voluntarily complete a detailed publisher or advertiser questionnaire, we collect personal information about you as part of that questionnaire. This information may include your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number, as well as general information about your business, if applicable. In general, the more information you feel comfortable giving us, the more we can personalize the experience of our services to meet your needs.
B) Information That We Automatically Collect
AdMob utilizes cookies to automatically collect information about visitors to our Site. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that reside within your browser to enable our computer systems to recognize your browser and to tell our systems how and when pages within our Site are visited and by how many people. The cookies from our Site do not collect personal information, however, we may combine information collected through certain cookies we issue on our Site with other personal information that you provide to us on the Site.
We may collect information using Web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images used on our Sites or in our emails. We use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and activity on the Site and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
We automatically receive and store certain other types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, our servers track the type of Web browser you are using, where you travel within the Site, and the page to which you link from the Site. This type of collective data enables us to figure out how often customers use parts of the Site, so we can make the Site appealing to as many customers as possible.
Many companies offer programs that help you to visit Websites anonymously. While AdMob will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available although they may impair the quality of your experience on our Site.
How Does AdMob Use the Personal Information That it Collects?
We use the information we collect to provide our services and to better understand what products and services are of interest to our users. For example, we may utilize your information to:
Operate and improve our Site and services;
Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
Provide and deliver products and services and send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
Protect the rights or property of AdMob or our users; and
Communicate with you about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by AdMob and our partners.
AdMob may store and process personal information in the United States and in other countries.
Does AdMob Share the Personal Information That it Collects?
AdMob does not share your personal information except as approved by you or as described below:
With your consent, for example, when you agree to our sharing your information with other third parties for their own marketing purposes subject to their separate privacy policies;
Agents and Service Providers: AdMob may engage other companies and individuals to perform services on our behalf. Examples of these services include processing credit card payments, sending postal mail and e-mail to you, and analyzing data. While these agents and service providers may have access to your personal information in connection with the performance of services for AdMob, they may not use such information for any purpose other than providing such services to AdMob.
Protection of AdMob and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe that release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our user Agreement; or protect the rights, property, or safety of AdMob, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Corporate Transfers and Financings: AdMob may share your personal information in connection with any merger, sale of AdMob assets, or a financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
Aggregate Information: AdMob may share aggregate information about you and/or your customers with advertisers, publishers, business partners, sponsors, and other third parties.
How Secure Is the Personal Information That You Provide to AdMob?
AdMob takes reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. AdMob cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information that AdMob receives.
What Information Can You Access and Change?
You can access or correct certain information about you collected on this Site in the Account section of the Site. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from AdMob by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations. You may also send requests about your contact preferences and other changes to your information by emailing email@example.com.
AdMob Mobile Services
AdMob provides mobile advertising services (“Mobile Services”) to advertisers and publishers. If you are a publisher using AdMob’s Mobile Services, AdMob may access, index, and cache requests made from your mobile sites, applications and device platforms to our system, including by automated means. In the course of providing these Mobile Services, AdMob collects aggregate data from publishers’ sites and uses such data for a number of purposes, including, but not limited to, providing publishers, advertisers and others with aggregate information about traffic and site usage in our advertising network.
AdMob also collects certain information about visitors to publishers’ sites that connect to the AdMob Mobile Services. AdMob will automatically collect and receive information about those visitors such as, but not limited to, browser identifiers, session information, browser cookies, device type, carrier provider, IP addresses, unique device ID, carrier user ID, geo-location information, sites visited and clicks on advertisements we display. AdMob may track that information over time and over multiple publishers’ sites and use non-personally identifiable information collected from such visitors to provide reports to advertisers and others and to help us display advertisements that may be of interest to your visitors. In some cases, the mobile phone service providers for mobile devices may send visitors’ phone numbers to AdMob. AdMob uses such information to perform analysis aimed at improving our services and technologies and may also use this data to display advertising customized to visitors’ interests and preferences. AdMob does not use such information for telemarketing, to contact any individuals or to share with any third parties for their own use. In addition, AdMob may collect personal information directly from customers on behalf of advertisers and periodically transfer such information to such advertisers.
Last Revised: December 25th 2013
YOUR CONSENT (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!)
WHICH INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ON OUR USERS?
We may collect two types of data and information from our Users in connection with the use of the Site:
- The first type of information is non-identifiable and anonymous information (“Non-personal Information”). We are not aware of the identity of the User from which we have collected the Non-personal Information. Non-Personal Information is any unconcealed information which is available to us while Users are using the Site. Non-personal Information which is being gathered consists of technical information and behavioral information, and may contain, among other things, the activity of the User on the Site, User’s ‘click-stream’ on the Site, system, browser and keyboard language, type of network connection, etc.
- The second type of information is individually identifiable information (“Personal Information”). This information may identify an individual or may be of a private and/or sensitive nature. The Personal Information collected by us is provided by you voluntary when you register to the Service and/or use the Contact Us page. The only Personal Information that we collect is your name and email address in order to open up an account and/or when you register through your Google account.
HOW DO YOU REGISTER TO OUR SITE?
- In order to use our SDK you will have to register to the Site, download the SDK and implement it in your App. We offer you two ways to register:
- You may register to the Site by creating an account and providing us with your name, e-mail address and password (the “Account”); or
- You are solely and fully responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and username of your Account and for all activities that occur under your Account. You may not assign or transfer your rights or delegate your duties under the Account without the prior written consent of the Company. You must notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your Account or any other breach of security. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from any failure of yours to comply with the Terms or from any unauthorized use of your Account or any other breach of security. You may be liable for the losses of the Company and/or others due to any such use.
- Upon registration and acceptance of the Developer License Agreement you will be able to download and implement the SDK.
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION ON OUR USERS?
There are two main methods we use for collecting information from our Users in connection with the use of the Site:
- We collect information through your use of the Site. In other words, when you are using the Site we are aware of it and may gather and record the information relating to such usage, either independently or through the help of third-party services as detailed below.
- We collect information which you provide us voluntarily. For example, we collect Personal Information which you voluntarily provide when you fill in the contact form and/or the registration form on the Site, including by logging in to your Google Account. We store the Personal Information through the help of our authorized third-party service providers as detailed below.
WHAT ARE THE PURPOSES OF THE COLLECTION OF INFORMATION?
Non-personal Information is used for statistical purposes and enables us to further develop, customize and improve our Site and Services based on Users common preferences and uses.
Personal Information is collected in connection with the use of the Site for the following purposes:
- Enabling us to provide our Users with technical assistance and support, and to reply to Users questions and concerns sent by the User to the Company;
SHARING INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
For avoidance of doubt, the Company may transfer and disclose Non-personal Information to third parties at its own discretion.
DELETION OR MODIFICATION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
If for any reason you wish to modify or delete your Personal Information stored with us, please send us an e-mail to:firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make reasonable efforts to modify or delete any such Personal Information pursuant to any applicable privacy laws. Note that unless you instruct us otherwise we may retain your Personal Information for a period of ninety (90) days or a longer period as reasonably and/or legally required.
To use the Site, you must be over the age of thirteen (13). Therefore, via this Site we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of thirteen (13) and do not wish to do so. We reserve the right to request proof of age at any stage so that we can verify that minors under the age of thirteen (13) are not using the Site.
We take a great care in implementing and maintaining the security of the Site and its User’s Personal Information. The Company employs industry standard procedures and policies to ensure the safety of its Users’ Personal Information, and prevent unauthorized use of any such information. However, we do not guarantee that unauthorized access will never occur.
When you access or use the Site, the Company may use industry-wide technologies such as “cookies” (or similar technologies), which store certain information on your computer (“Local Storage”) and which will allow us to enable automatic activation of certain features (such as: remember your password when you log in for the next time), and make your service experience much more convenient and effortless. The cookies used by the Site are created per session, does not include any information about you, other than your session key and are removed as your session ends and password information. It is easy to prohibit the Local Storage. Most browsers will allow you to erase cookies from your computer’s hard drive, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. However, if you block or erase cookies your online experience may be limited.
Direct Marketing: You hereby agree that we may use your contact details for the purpose of informing you regarding our products and services which may interest you, and to send to you other marketing material, transmitted to the e-mail address you have provided. You may withdraw your consent via sending a written notice to the Company by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?